Everything Bagel Salmon
Everything bagel salmon is a game-changer, transforming an iconic breakfast food to an epic dinner. This recipe is a remix on an everything bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon that is quick and easy!
This recipe is perfect for when you want a quick dinner that is fail-proof but tastes like you’ve been at it for an hour in the kitchen. All you have to do is season and fry the salmon for amazing results in less than 15 minutes.
How to cook everything bagel salmon
You can either pan-fry this salmon in a cast-iron pan for 6 minutes on one side and flip it over for 3 to 4 minutes on the other side.
This recipe is also great for grilling as well, however, there is no need to flip the salmon halfway between. You don’t want to risk burning the seasoning on the open flames, or worse, having it all fall off. Just grill for about 10 minutes until salmon is pink and you can see white lines along the sides of the fish. The rule of thumb is to cook salmon for 9 to 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
What is in everything bagel seasoning
Everything bagel seasoning is said to have been created by a bagel shop in New York City in the 1980s. It is made up of all the seasonings that are commonly found at a bagel shop, including poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried onion flakes, garlic flakes, salt, and pepper.
Where can you find everything bagel seasoning?
You can find it premade at Whole Foods or Trader Joes! However, if you are unable to find it you can easily make it at home using
- ¾ teaspoon of poppy seeds
- ¾ teaspoon of sesame seeds (white or black or a combo of both)
- ¾ teaspoon of dried onion flakes
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic flakes
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
Everything Bagel Salmon
- 1 pound of salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning
- Rub the everything bagel seasoning into the salmon so the entire fish is covered. Then carefully cut the salmon into 4 serving sizes, about 4 ounces each.
- Pan Fry Method. Grab a cast iron pan and heat it to medium-high, then add oil. Add the salmon and pan for 6 minutes on one side then flip it over for 3 to 4 minutes on the other side.
- Grill Method: Heat your grill to about 450 degrees. Place the salmon skin-side down and grill for 10 minutes. The rule of thumb is to cook salmon for 9 to 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
If you like this recipe, you might like